Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ cups unbleached pastry flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons mild oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup agave nectar
- 1 ½ cups soy or almond milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup chopped nuts (optional)
In a medium mixing bowl sift together flours, baking powder, soda and salt. Stir in zest and set aside.
In another bowl, blend together the eggs, oil, vanilla, agave, and soy milk. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the liquid mix into the well, stirring rapidly until half mixed. Add the blueberries and nuts, and mix until just blended. DO NOT OVERMIX.
Spoon batter into lined or oiled muffin tins. Bake for 25 minutes, or until muffin tops spring back when touched lightly.
Makes about 12 muffins
Copyright 2009 by Jen Hoy