Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 ½ cups gluten free baking mix
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 ripe banana chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup almond or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Place 8 muffin liners into a round baking dish or medium muffin tins.
In a mixing bowl gently stir together the baking mix, zest, and banana. Whisk together the almond milk, vanilla, maple syrup, oil, and egg. Stir the wet ingredients rapidly into the dry, taking care not to over mix.
Divide the batter amongst the muffin cups and sprinkle each with ½ tablespoon of chopped nuts. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
Serve warm or room temperature.
Makes 8 medium small muffins
Copyright 2010 by Jen Hoy