Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 sweet red or white onions, peeled, cut in half vertically, and sliced ¼” thick
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 3 leeks, white parts only, chopped
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into ½” chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 quarts vegetable stock, or spring water
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Add the leek, potato, and bay leaf. Stir vegetables, and then add stock and tamari. Bring to a boil, cover the pan, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
Add thyme, sea salt and pepper to taste. Cook an additional 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf, and serve.
Makes about 6 servings.
Copyright 2010 by Jen Hoy