- 1 young Thai coconut
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder (or ground nibs)
- 2 tablespoons acai puree OR 1 heaping teaspoon acai powder
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon coconut mana or butter
- 1 teaspoon- 1 tablespoon agave, maple syrup or honey (optional, and to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup mint leaves
Note: Make sure you sip smoothies slowly and “chew” them so the digestive enzymes in your saliva will be activated.. You can also add a scoop of protein powder for extra nutrients: pea protein, hemp or rice protein, organic whey or soy, are all good sources.
1) Use 2 cups of coconut milk instead of the young Thai coconut.
2) Add a banana for added creaminess and potassium.
3) Eliminate the vanilla and add 1 cup of organic raspberries to the smoothie for additional anti-oxidant nutrients.
4) Add a teaspoon of maca powder for extra energy
Makes one generous or 2 small servings
Copyright 2012 by Jen Hoy