This potent green drink is full of liver cleansing greens, and is guaranteed to give you a pleasant rush of energy and to help move a sluggish digestive system. The banana is an optional addition for those who may not do well with a potent green flavor, as it “softens” the intensity of it. Make sure all of your ingredients are organic please!
Do not eat anything else for 30 minutes before and after this drink, so the body can absorb it.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 6 dandelion greens, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 kale leaves, stems removed and chopped (about 2 ½ cups)
- 1 Meyer or organic lemon, peeled and sliced into 1” chunks
- 1 small banana (optional) peeled and broken into 1” pieces
- 1 Fuji apple, cut into 1” chunks
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger (optional)
- Filtered water
Place all ingredients, along with 2 cups water, into the canister of a blender (powerful blenders like the Vita-mix are ideal for these drinks). Blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes until very smooth. Add more water as desired to reach a palatable consistency.
Copyright 2010 by Jen Hoy