This cool, tangy, brown rice and vegetable salad with miso dressing is a pleasure to eat on a hot day. Crunchy carrots and celery, parsley and other sweet herbs all combine to make a delicious side dish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups any variety cooked brown or wild rice
- 1 carrot, chopped fine
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped fine
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill, mint, or combination of the two
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon light miso paste
- 2 teaspoons sesame or olive oil
Combine rice with vegetables and herbs in a mixing bowl. Stir together the lemon, miso, and olive oil. Pour dressing over the rice and toss thoroughly.
Copyright 2009 by Jen Hoy