Light, crisp, and refreshing, this recipe for green coleslaw is quick, easy, and a wonderful accompaniment to dishes like rice and beans that need some enzymes served on the side. Green Slaw is also a great alternative to regular coleslaw, as the dressing is very light, and it is made with either Napa or Savoy cabbage, both of which are curly and juicier than regular green cabbage.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- ½ Savoy or Napa cabbage, sliced very thin (about 4 cups)
- 1 green onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup chopped cilantro or other sweet herb, such as basil, dill, or a combination
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
Combine all ingredients and add sea salt to taste.
Copyright 2009 by Jen Hoy