This lively Moroccan carrot salad recipe can be made with cooked or raw carrots, depending on your mood. Either way, carrots are excellent for the liver, lungs, and digestion, and are enriched by parsley’s abundant chlorophyll.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
Cut carrots on the diagonal in ½ inch thick slices (or grate them for a raw salad). Steam carrots for seven minutes, until crisp tender. Mix olive oil with lemon, garlic, mustard, cumin and salt. Toss carrots into dressing and let sit for at least two hours, or overnight, to develop flavors. Add parsley and serve.
Copyright 2009 by Jen Hoy