Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 head napa or green cabbage, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced in half lengthwise, de-seeded, and sliced thin
- 1 small daikon radish, grated, or 6 red radishes, sliced thin
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin on the diagonal
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced paper thin
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- � cup brown rice vinegar OR umeboshi plum vinegar
Add the salt and mix well.
Place a plate over the vegetables and press down.
Weight the plate with a clean rock, 2 pound can, jug of water or other heavy object.
Press vegetables for 1 hour. Remove plate, and squeeze out excess liquid. If the salad is too salty, rinse with cool water and dry thoroughly. Toss with vinegar and serve.
Copyright 2008 by Jen Hoy