Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 pound asparagus, cut on the diagonal into ½ inch thick slices
- 2 beef steak or 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine or water
- ¼ cup chopped fresh tarragon or basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet and place the shrimp in a single layer. Cook about one minute on each side and remove to a plate.
Add remaining olive oil to the pan, add garlic and asparagus, and cook one minute. Add tomato and wine, cook one minute, and return shrimp to the pan.
Cook 1 minute, until the shrimp is cooked through and the asparagus is still crisp. Season to taste, stir in chopped herbs and serve immediately.
Copyright 2010 by Jen Hoy