Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1-inch piece of kombu
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 medium shallot, chopped fine
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped fine
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tamari, or to taste
Meanwhile, heat oil over medium high heat and sauté ginger, shallot and garlic for 2 minutes.
Add mushrooms to pan and cook until moisture evaporates and mushrooms are well browned. Add tamari, and stir well to coat mushrooms. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
Add mushroom mixture to quinoa and mix thoroughly. Serve hot or room temperature.
Copyright 2006 by Jen Hoy