Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 small head cauliflower cut in 2-inch chunks.
- Reserve 4-5 florets, cut into bite sized mini florets, enough to make 2 cups.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1 inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 quarts vegetable stock or water
- Sea salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish
Prep all vegetables, reserving the 2 cups mini cauliflower florets.
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and cook garlic, onion, and carrot over medium heat for until onion is translucent, about 8 minutes.
Add sweet potatoes and large cauliflower chunks, along with stock, 3 large pinches of sea salt and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil, cover, lower the heat and simmer 30 minutes.
Discard bay leaf, add chopped thyme and remove from heat.
Puree with vertical blender until smooth. If soup is too thick, add water or stock ½ cup at a time until desired consistency is reached.
Adjust seasoning, and add reserved cauliflower florets.
Return to medium low heat, and cook until florets are tender, an additional 10 minutes.
Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro before serving.