Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 1-pound blocks extra firm tofu
- Sea salt
- 2 fresh rosemary branches, broken into sprigs, plus 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 sweet onion, cut in half and sliced thin lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- ½ cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Sprinkle on both sides with sea salt, and chopped herbs. Place rosemary sprigs, onion and garlic on a shallow baking tray. Lay tofu slices in a single layer over vegetables.
Whisk together vinegar, stock and olive oil. Spoon mixture over tofu and vegetables.
Cover and marinate, refrigerated for at least two hours and as long as overnight.
Preheat oven to 375’
Uncover tofu; turn slices over, and spoon marinade over them. Bake 10 minutes. Spoon pan juices over tofu and bake an additional 15 minutes.
For additional browning, finish under broiler for 2 minutes before serving. Spoon a small amount of cooked onion and pan juices on each slice of tofu to serve.
Copyright 2006 by Jen Hoy