Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1 pound peeled pumpkin or other winter squash, cut into 1” chunks
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 15-ounce can plum tomatoes, chopped (reserve juice)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 thyme branches
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
Add pumpkin, carrot, and curry, and stir to coat the vegetables. Cook 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes, bay leaf, thyme, broth, chickpeas and two pinches of salt. Bring curry to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 25-30 minutes, until squash is tender.
Discard bay leaf and thyme branches and adjust seasoning. Add cilantro when serving.
Copyright 2009 by Jen Hoy