Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 -8 ounce package 3 Grain or Wild Rice tempeh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to oil the pan for frying
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet or red onion
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic chopped fine
- 1 shallot, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup sourdough or whole grain breadcrumbs
- 2 ample pinches of sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped thyme
When cool enough to handle, crumble into a mixing bowl.
Heat olive oil in a saut� pan over medium heat, and cook onion, celery, garlic, and shallot 5 minutes, or until soft.
Add vegetables to tempeh along with the remaining ingredients, and stir well.
When the mixture is cool enough to handle, make 8 patties.
Cook burgers over medium high heat in a lightly oiled skillet, 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2009 by Jen Hoy