Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 2-inch knob of ginger, peeled and chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 head green or napa cabbage, sliced thin
- 2 carrots, shredded (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 scallions, green and white parts, chopped
- black sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
Add garlic and ginger, sauté one minute, and add cabbage, along with ¼ cup of water.
Cover and steam five minutes, until cabbage is wilted. Add carrots, mix thoroughly, add tamari, and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Mix in scallions, and serve, garnished with sesame seeds.
Copyright 2009 by Jen Hoy