Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 11 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 large carrot, sliced very thin
- 1 pound flat, green, or wax beans, stems removed
- ¼ cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add beans, carrots and stock. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes, until beans are crisp tender. Uncover and increase heat, so any remaining liquid will evaporate.
Add mint and seasoning. Toss quickly and serve either warm or room temperature.
Copyright 2009 by Jen Hoy