Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- ½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons of finely grated manchego or Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dry
- 1 clove garlic, chopped very fine
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pommery (grainy) mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Toss together the bread crumbs, grated cheese, thyme and garlic until thoroughly mixed.
Steam the cauliflower and broccoli florets until firm but tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and place the vegetables in a lightly oiled 1 ½ quart baking dish or casserole.
Whisk together olive oil, mustard and toss with vegetables along with salt and pepper to taste. Gently pat down the vegetables and sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture.
Bake the gratin for 10 minutes or until the breadcrumb crust is golden brown and crisp.
Copyright 2009 by Jen Hoy