Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans
- ½ small red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 2 cups bite size cauliflower florets
- 1 carrot, sliced into ¼” rounds
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch of cayenne
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
Bring a pot of water to a boil; add the cauliflower and carrots and cook 2 minutes.
Drain the vegetables and rinse them with cold water. Drain well and add to the beans.
Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, cayenne and a generous pinch of sea salt. Add the vinaigrette to the beans along with the parsley, stir well and adjust seasoning if needed.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Copyright 2010 by Jen Hoy