Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped very fine
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 large heads of garlic (try to choose heads with large cloves)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 round or oval 1-pound loaf of organic sourdough (or miche) bread, sliced 1/2–inch thick
- 12 ounces goat milk Brie
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup finely shredded basil
Mix together the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
Slice off the very top of the heads of garlic. Brush the garlic with the olive oil and wrap in foil. Bake for 1 hour, until garlic is soft and lightly browned.
Allow the garlic to cool completely. Squeezing from the bottom of the cloves, pop the garlic out of its skin into a small bowl. Mash the garlic into a paste.
Increase oven temperature to 400’
Spread about a teaspoon of the roasted garlic on each slice of bread. Top with a slice of the goat Brie and spread the cheese to the edge of the bread. Sprinkle each slice with about a tablespoon of the sun-dried tomatoes.
Bake the pizzette on the bottom rack of the oven for 12-15 minutes, until crisp. Cut into 2-inch wedges, sprinkle with basil, and serve immediately.
Makes about 8 pizzette, or 40 wedges
Copyright 2009 by Jen Hoy